Monday, March 10, 2008

Which Technologies Will Shape Education in 2008?

When I first read the title of this article, I thought it said "Will Technologies Will Shape Education in 2008?" . . . my reaction was: YES! Of course the technology will influence the state of education! Then I realized that I read the title wrong . . . silly me!

I am only one and a half semesters into my work with TEAM and I'm already seeing the way technology has affected my life. I don't really use the bookmarking tool on my computer anymore, why bother when I can tag it and then it'll be saved for me on the web whenever I need it. And when I have a question there is no need for it to bother me, I can contact anyone in my network in a matter of seconds via plain old email or Skype. Instead of "my network" consisting of my colleagues in my building, it now consists of just about any alphageek or educator regardless of where there are located. I can collaborate with just about anyone, anywhere.

So which technologies do I think are going to have the biggest impact on education in 2008?
I don't know exactly, but I think that any technology that makes collaboration easier and faster are pretty good bets!

1 comment:

Karen Kliegman said...

Keri-
I agree that one of the greatest benefits of new technologies is the ability to collaborate and tap into the knowledge of other educators through so many different avenues!