Sunday, November 4, 2007

It's the little things . . .

Overall, I have had a horrible week. It was just one of those really bad stressful weeks . . . you know the kind . . . when it seems like everyone wants something from you!

Thursday I was really starting to feel overwhelmed . . . I overslept, and threw out my back. Somehow I made it in on time and when I got there, there was a letter in my mailbox inviting me to breakfast with Mr. Monereau Friday morning! Talk about scaring me half to death! Apparently I wasn't the only one who got this memo, but it was very surreptitious and generally scared the living-day-lights out of me! After a lovely treatment at the doctor's office (where I nearly hit the ceiling) I just went home and went to bed!

Friday morning came and I went into his office a little apprehensive (even though his secretary told me to relax). Apparently everyone whom he either hired, or tenured got this invitation . . . it was to tell us how (please read the following with a very thick Haitian accent): "[I] hired you or tenured you for a reason. You are good teachers, and I want to keep you here."

He finished off the meeting by asking us if there was anything that we needed, any general support that our AP's weren't providing us. Me, having learned the hard way this year to bite my tongue when it comes to my AP, kept my mouth shut! Then he turned to me . . . (thick Haitian accent again) "And you Ms. Willis, what would you like?"

"Umm"

"Tell me, what do you want?"

"A SMARTBoard!"

"I know, I know."

Well I titled this blog It's the Little things . . . for a reason . . . third period there was a knock on my door. "Ms. Willis, I have a delivery for you!

I am now the proud parent of my very own SMARTBoard! :c)

4 comments:

Christine Southard said...

Yeah! Yeah! SmartBoard dance! Hip Hip Hooray. :)

Karen Kliegman said...

There ain't nothin like a smartboard to make even the achy-est of us happy!

Danielle said...

How fancy! Congrats!!

Diana said...

No Way! That is so awesome, and yes i am so jealous!