Saturday, October 20, 2007

Photostory

My girlfriend says I totally overuse this word, but I feel I must say that Microsoft Photostory is absolutely AMAZING! I attended the workshop on it this afternoon, and I LOVE IT!

I just spent the past hour messing around with the pictures that I took in the park. I really think it's a great tool, because it's so easy to use. I downloaded it last night, but didn't start using it until we got back from our picture taking expedition today. Less than six hours later, I have made a five minute movie that I think is pretty nice.

I would really love to use it with my students . . . that is if I ever manage to get computers in my classroom . . .

2 comments:

Ms. Chiang said...

is the mac equivalent iPhoto? i heard it does awesome things. where is your movie - can we see? =) no pressure! i just want to "woah" at it.

Candice said...

I agree. Microsoft Photostory IS Amazing! One of the activities I had my 7th and 8th graders to do with the program, was to make a slide show depicting the life cycle of a butterfly. They had to cover the four stages with pictures and information about each stage. They also added background music to accompany the slides. There were absolutely fabulous and the students ejoyed the project.